When you join ANA, you join with nurses around the country in speaking with one strong voice on behalf of your profession and health care. Together we can make a difference! As a full ANA C/SNA member - you are a full voting member in the American Nurses Association and your state nurses association and entitled to valuable products and benefits that help you.
ANA is advocating for nurses where it matters:
- Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care; issues such as safe staffing, nursing workforce development, overtime pay and access to care.
- Representing nursing where it matters, including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Health and Humans Services and many others, right up to the White House.
- Speaking for nursing through the media including stories in the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, 60 Minutes, NBC Nightly News, CNN, and NPR to name a few.
- Speaking for U.S. nurses as the only U.S.A. member of the International Council of Nurses and attending meetings of the World Health Organization.
ANA is guiding the Profession:
- Maintaining the Code of Ethics for Nurses which was first developed by ANA in 1926.
- ANA develops and publishes the Scope and Standards of practice for nursing and many of its specialties.
- Through the National Database on Nursing Quality Indicators, ANA is collecting data that link nurse staffing levels to quality nursing care.
- Addressing workplace hazards such as latex allergies, sage needles and workplace violence.
Influence Decisions: becoming involved
- Join one of the many committees and boards at the national level that are shaping the direction of the association and the profession.
- As a direct member in the ANA, you are represented at ANA through the individual Member Division.
- Participate in member surveys that let you influence the association's agenda.
Personal Benefits: Special offers just for ANA/WVNA Members
- As a nurse, you are committed to providing superior care to your patients. But who is taking care of you while you take care of others?
- With Personal Benefits, ANA and WVNA offer five important programs that every nurse needs.
- ANA and WVNA have carefully screened these partners to find those dedicated to providing member nurses with great value, and convenient sign up.
- For more information see our Personal Benefits Page
Promote Yourself: professional development tools and opportunities
- Members save on certification through ANCC.
- Online continuing education available at a discount or free to members.
- Conferences and educational events at the national and local level offered at a discount to members.
- Member discounts on nursesbooks.org - ANA's publications arm.
- Find a new job on the Nurse's Career Center Stay Informed: publications that keep you current
- Free subscription to The American Nurse
- Discounted subscription to the American Nurse Today
- Free online access to OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing.
- Free access to ANA's informative online (or email) newsletters including - Capitol Update and Members Weekly.
- Access to members only content of NursingWorld.org.